Quench your thirst this summer with a delicious glass of Peach-Infused Water with Basil. Made with fresh ingredients, it’s a refreshing and healthy option for staying hydrated this summer.
During the summertime, it gets hard to find a way to drink the recommended amount of water, especially if you’re like me and find it to be tiring to drink flavorless water. Then, when you grab anything on the shelf it’s full of sugar.
That’s why this recipe is full of flavor and has no sugar at all! The way to make this recipe is to add all the ingredients together and let it sit overnight in the fridge to infuse. The next day it’s a sweet peach water perfect for enjoying at home or poolside with a good book.
This recipe is so easy to make and you can enjoy it throughout the week. It is full of nutritional benefits that help keep skin clear and detoxify the body (1). If you’d like to enjoy it later you can turn it into ice cubes and bring it wherever you want!
Here’s why you’ll love this drink
- Tasty and Refreshing. It’s a delightful twist on regular water that is a great alternative to a summer drink like lemonade and iced tea.
- Easy to make. You need very little ingredients; minimal steps with maximum flavor.
- Sugar free. No sugar added, which means it tastes good and is good for you!
- Very Customizable. Not a big fan of basil? You can substitute that with mint, cucumbers, watermelon or add any of your favorite fruits or berries to the mix.
How To Make Peach-Infused Water with Basil
This recipe has only a few easy steps; the perfect compliment to your laid back summer vibes! It includes chipping up ingredients, bringing the ingredients together and letting it chill to infuse. Let’s have a quick walkthrough:
- Peaches. Fresh, ripe, sliced peaches are the way to go with this recipe! Having them in slices will help give it that peachy flavor.
- Basil. The perfect herb to bring the drink together. Use some fresh leaves or chiffonade into tiny strands and throw them in.
- Water. The base of the drink.
- Clementine. This burst of citrus is a great balance to all the other flavors and is a great way to bring this drink to the next level. Other citrus elements like lime, oranges and lemon juice are all great options as well.
- Slice your peaches. Cut your peaches into slices. This will ensure that the drink will infuse.
- Combine ingredients. In a large pitcher add all the ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Chill overnight. Top with a lid or plastic wrap and let chill for at least an hour and up to eight hours. This will help ensure the flavors are infused and the drink is ice cold.
- Serve. Once ready, serve in tall glasses over ice, adjust taste accordingly and enjoy!
- For those with a sweet tooth. If you are looking for it to be sweeter, feel free to add honey or maple syrup. This natural sweetness is a great addition to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Wash your produce. For the best tasting and freshest ingredients, wash your produce in a mix of water and vinegar. This will help remove any lurking bugs and help remove any residual chemicals on them. This in turn will make a fresher, more delicious drink.
Make-Ahead & Storage Recommendations:
This is a great drink to make ahead and enjoy with company the following day. It can stand in the fridge for up to 3 days and anything longer is not recommended. If you’re looking to have it well into the future, try freezing it into ice cubes and serving it with water.
Frequent Asked Questions
Absolutely! Other popular options are coconut water, club soda and a mix of water and apple juice. If you’re using any other base, remember to adjust accordingly for the best drink possible.
You can definitely boil the peaches and use that water as the base, however it does ruin the nutritional value as many of its nutrients are lost in the water.
Other refreshing summer drink options:
Peach Iced-Tea with Simple Peach Syrup – Another peach infusion with green tea.
Cucumber Water – Another refreshing infusion using cucumbers instead of peaches.
Fresh Orange and Mint Tea – A refreshing and citrusy tea.
- 2 peaches
- 8-10 basil leaves stems removed
- 1 clementine peeled
- 4 cups water
- Cut your peaches into slices. This will ensure that the drink will infuse.
- In a large pitcher add all the ingredients and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Add a lid or plastic wrap overtop and let chill for at least an hour and up to eight hours. This will help ensure the flavors are infused and the drink is ice cold.
- Once ready, serve in tall glasses over ice, adjust taste accordingly and enjoy!