Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Quinoa Tabbouleh. Healthy and totally vegan, these baked sweet potatoes are topped with fresh, vibrant ingredients for a great, satisfying meal!
Ahhh sweet potatoes, so versatile and delicious. We probably consume sweet potatoes in our household at least once a week, but let’s be honest, it’s probably more.
Loaded sweet potatoes are probably the only thing better. In this case, it’s with a delicious quinoa tabbouleh. Yes yes, I know, if it’s quinoa it’s not tabbouleh, BUT we’re using all the other same ingredients, and by using quinoa it keeps it gluten free, which is great if you’re looking for a gluten free option.
And here’s my favourite vegan aioli again! I just can’t stop putting this all over everything. Seriously, it’s the best! It adds a nice fresh punch to the sweet potato and contrasts nicely with the tomato sauce.
This is like comfort food, but a bit fancy (without actually having to spend any more effort). It’s the kind of food you can curl up with on a slightly cooler day, throw on an oversized sweater and watch a good sitcom. Recently I’ve been watching the b*tch in apartment 23, it’s actually really funny! What have you guys been into recently? Any Netflix recommendations?
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit excited for fall/autumn. I mean don’t get me wrong I LOVE summer, but in northern Europe, summer is just a bit… meh. It’s been up and down. We get a couple of good weeks of weather then a couple of weeks of rain, and with that rain comes the dreaded humidity. I’ll be welcoming the cooler weather when at least when it’s raining I can wear a sweater without boiling to death!
Anyway, one thing is for sure, I’ll be eating tones of these loaded sweet potatoes!
Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Quinoa Tabbouleh
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup (85g) Quinoa
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley
- 3-4 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Sauce such as marinara
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Mayonnaise
- Cress for topping
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the quinoa for 10-15 minutes until done, then drain.
- Finely chop the parsley and the mint leaves and mix with the quinoa. Halve the cherry tomatoes, finely dice the red onion and add these to the quinoa mixture. Add in the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Top the sweet potatoes with the quinoa mixture, some tomato sauce, black beans, vegan mayonnaise and the cress. Serve immediately!
0 thoughts on “Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Quinoa Tabbouleh”
I love sweet potatoes too; this looks super delicious! Need to make it soon!
Yay!! Hope you like it Tracey!