Loaded Dairy-Free Nachos with Harissa Beans, the perfect easy snack for a hot summer’s day! Thrown together in about 20 minutes, this is just what you need on a lazy evening.
So the heatwave has finally arrived, and it’s all anyone can talk about right? I mean, it is already mid July and I think we’ve been well and truly sold short on summer so far. I was at a friends house yesterday who lives in the beautiful countryside just outside of Zurich with a gorgeous backyard and a view of the mountains. You can’t help feeling like you’ve been transported to some kind of paradise when the sunshine finally arrives. It was just bliss, we sat for a few hours outside, just chilling and enjoying the beautiful garden and weather, can everyday be like that please?
See, we do get good summer’s in Europe, but they can be so frustratingly short, or intermittent, that it’s hard to get into the summer mood. I’ve been reading so many of my favourite blog’s summer themed posts for at least 2 months already, and yet still not really feeling in the mood! So now it’s FINALLY here (hopefully to stay for a while), I’m getting into full summer swing!
Our balcony furniture arrived yesterday, and I’ve vowed that every day the weather is nice this summer, we should be sitting outside eating dinner! It’s so nice to have an outdoor space, even if it is just a small one! So naturally, a quick, easy dinner was needed, and I had this idea for loaded vegan nachos. I had this jar of harissa paste sitting around, and while thinking about how to replace the traditional beef chilli on top of nachos, I got this idea for harissa marinated beans. Ummm YES.
It’s a super simple mix of a few spices, some bell pepper, jalapeño, harissa paste, soy sauce and water, cooked together and reduced until thick. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to make the bean mixture, then just throw some fresh bits on the top and you’re good to go!
Perfect for dipping, scooping and sharing, everyone’s going to love these fiery, loaded vegan nachos!
Loaded Dairy-Free Nachos
- 1 can White Beans of your choice
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Harissa Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- Corn Tortilla Chips
- Fresh Coriander
- Sesame Seeds
- Lime Juice
- Dice the bell pepper and the jalapeño, and fry on a medium head until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices to the frying pan, and cook for a further 2 minutes until the peppers are completely coated.
- Add the harissa paste, soy sauce and water and stir until everything is completely mixed. Reduce for 2 minutes. Add the beans, stir and continue reducing until you are left with a thick mixture that coats the beans.
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high, and lay out the tortilla chips on a flat baking tray covered with parchment paper. Add the beans on top of the tortilla chips and grill for 4 minutes or until the chips just begin to go golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh spinach, plenty of fresh coriander, sliced avocado, a spritz of lime juice and some sesame seeds.
0 thoughts on “Loaded Dairy-Free Nachos with Harissa Beans”
This looks ayyyy too gorgeous!!
Hehe thanks Anne!! Hope you like them!!