Kickstart your day with this creamy, nutritious avocado banana smoothie! Packed with healthy fats, protein, and leafy greens, it’s the perfect quick and delicious breakfast or snack.
If you use high-quality ingredients, smoothies can be one of the healthiest fast foods around. They can be blended in a hurry and make a quick and tasty breakfast or snack; children generally love them and they are easy to customize.
From a health perspective, however, a lot can also go wrong when you make a smoothie. If your smoothie contains nothing but frozen yogurt, juice, and a little fruit, it’s not necessarily the best thing for you.
Enter the green avocado smoothie.
Green smoothies are usually made by adding leafy greens to a fruit smoothie. I make them now and then, and do like them, but green smoothies aren’t necessarily for everyone. But this avocado green smoothie is so creamy and luscious, I’ve been making it on repeat.
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 blender
- 1 banana previously peeled and frozen
- 1/2 avocado perfectly ripe
- 1 cup spinach or leafy green of choice; loosely packed
- 3/4 cup almond milk or milk of choice; use slightly more or less to produce the consistency you like
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and serve immediately.