Have you ever had a savory yogurt salad? I hadn’t either… It might sound weird, but TRUST ME this is good. Plus it was a good excuse to use even more of my five-minute chimichurri sauce!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m not a massive salad fan.
More often than not, salad is just bland, I mean, leaves can only have so much flavor.
This salad is not like those salads. This is PACKED with flavor!
Using yogurt as a salad base sounded really weird to me at first, but when I thought about it, yogurt itself (the proper unsweetened kind) really doesn’t have much of a tendency towards sweetness.
It is quite easily adapted to fit savory flavors as well.
It provides a hearty, creamy base which is the perfect compliment to my five-minute chimichurri sauce.
Seriously, since I made this sauce last week, I’ve been putting it on everything I can!
It really is ready in 5 minutes (or even less if you’re a fast chopper!) and it packs such a punch.
This salad has everything when it comes to texture, from the creaminess of the yogurt to the crunchiness of the chickpeas and the zinginess of the chimichurri sauce.
I love eating it smothered on slices of crispy bread, when you get a bit of everything on there, it’s just amazing!
This salad would be perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Do you have a favorite salad recipe?
Savory Yogurt Salad with Chimichurri and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- greek yogurt large dollop
- green salad of your choice
- ½ avocado
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp. chimichurri sauce
- crusty bread toasted
For the Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp. paprika smoked
- ¼ tsp. coriander ground
- ¼ tsp. chili powder mild
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper ground
- Preheat the oven to 392⁰F (200⁰C) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, and spices and mix until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on the parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chickpeas to cool completely. Once completely the chickpeas are cool bake them for another 10 minutes. This helps the chickpeas dry out and become crispy rather than soggy.
- Arrange the yogurt on the plate, top with the salad ingredients, and sprinkle the warm crispy chickpeas overtop.