Enjoy the essence of Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Spicy Lentils, Golden Sultanas, and creamy Avocado. A harmonious blend of textures and flavors awaits – a delightful meatless twist for a taco fiesta like no other!
I’ve been a vegetarian my whole life, but more and more I’m enjoying cooking vegan meals, and learning about the potential plant-based meals have to be absolutely amazing.
Cauliflower is a vegetable that transforms when roasted, from a fairly bland taste into something hearty, textured, and deep.
Pair it with some good old protein-rich lentils, and you have a winner.
The thing is, I feel like vegan food has a completely bad rep, the term “rabbit food” comes to mind, however, when your very-much-a-carnivore husband loves these so much that he actually requests them (when I could quite easily make him a steak) you know it must be good.
The combination of the spices is something I played around with the first few times I made these, and now I think it’s perfect.
There’s enough going on that your palette gets excited, without being overwhelmed and disjointed.
The sultanas are a sweet surprise that balances the deep richness of the lentils, but if you really hate sweet things in your savory food, you can leave them out.
I highly recommend you include them though!
You could really go to town on customizing these as well, I like avocado, yogurt, and fresh coriander, but you could really add anything you like!
Related: Avocado Poached Egg Brunch Toast
This would be a perfect recipe for a taco party, or any kind of group event where you want a casual, everyone-help-themselves kind of affair. They will not disappoint!
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Spicy Lentils, Golden Sultanas and Avocado
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup red lentils
- 2 red onions small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ginger ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp vinegar balsamic
- 2 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp golden sultanas
- tortilla wraps small
- coriander fresh
- Preheat the oven to 356⁰F (180⁰C). Chop the cauliflower into small florets, coat with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay out in an even layer on a non stick baking sheet. Roast for 25 mins or until golden brown on the edges.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, dice the onions and mince the garlic. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a large saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute, then add the tomato paste and a few tablespoons of the vegetable stock to loosen the mixture a bit.
- Finally add the lentils, balsamic vinegar and the rest of the vegetable stock to the saucepan, stir and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through. Add the sultanas about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time to give them time to soften a little. If there is any excess liquid left at the end drain it off before serving.
- Chop the avocado and spritz with a little lime juice to stop it going brown. Assemble the wraps however you like and enjoy!