Vegan Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos. Full of fresh flavours, these are a great dinner or snack!
Oh guys, can I just tell you how crazy life has been? Before we jump back in to tacos, between my last post and now I’m down an organ… lol
Basically, last Friday, I woke up with a bit of a stomach ache that came and went throughout the morning, it was really high up in my rib cage and would really catch me when it came. In between the pangs I tried to convince myself I was ok and planned to go and rehearse piano at my friends house, but by the time I got to the end of the path by our apartments, I knew that wasn’t happening. Luckily we live right opposite our local hospital, so I dragged myself over to the emergency room and basically told them through some pretty pathetic tears that my stomach was hurting a lot!
Based on an initial examination they thought it could be my gallbladder playing up, so they sent me off for a scan and some blood tests. Within a couple of hours, the consultant surgeon was by my bedside telling me he needed to remove my gallbladder that same afternoon. I didn’t really have much time to process the whole thing and was whisked away to surgery a short while later.
I was kept in hospital for 3 more nights as I didn’t react very well to the painkillers they gave me, and so far the recovery has been a bit rough. I’m trying to keep moving as much as possible, but the pain is real, yo!
So, if I’m a little less frequent in posting the next few weeks, you know why :) In truth, since the op I haven’t had that much appetite, but I’m slowly trying to get back to normal. Before I went in to hospital I made these cauliflower tacos, and I honestly can’t wait until I really fancy them again!
The sauce is really tangy and sweet, and by baking the cauliflower, it gets these gorgeous crispy edges and a soft, melty middle. Throw on all the fresh toppings and boom! The best vegan taco you’ve ever had!
Sincerely thank you for all your kind messages and support at this time! I have some really exciting plans for the rest of this year and want to make sure I’m fully healed and well rested to make them as awesome as possible for you all!
Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (115ml) Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Lime – juice only
- Black Pepper for seasoning
- 6 Wraps of your choice
- 1 Cauliflower
- Red Cabbage
- Spring Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Lime juice only
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Water as needed
- To make the teriyaki sauce, place all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water to a small saucepan. Mix the cornstarch and water together to make a slurry, then add this to the saucepan. Heat on a medium heat until the mixture is thickened, then transfer to a cool bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Chop the cauliflower into florets and toss with the sauce until completely coated. Line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread out the cauliflower evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is completely cooked through.
- Blend all the ingredients for the avocado sauce, except the water, until smooth. Add water if you like to thin out the sauce until you have a consistency you like.
- Assemble your tacos with the cauliflower, sauce and top with some shredded red cabbage, fresh coriander (cilantro), spring onion and sesame seeds.
0 thoughts on “Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos”
Get well soon Lauren.We would pray for your fast recovery.
These tacos are so beautiful. Pinned!!!
Thanks So much Puja, that’s so kind!
I’m so glad you’re okay! It’s scary how quickly things can escalate. I had a similar experience (although I didn’t need an organ taken out) where one minute I was fine, the next I was very much NOT FINE. Those situations are never fun, but at least this one will have (once the pain killers aren’t needed) an okay ending.
Also, these tacos sound incredible! That teriyaki glaze for the cauliflower is making my mouth water. :)
Thanks Willow, the body is crazy, right?! I’m glad it’s sorted too! Just need some more time to recover XD
Hope you feel better soon. These tacos are so beautiful. I saw them in my feed and I thought I bet that post is by Lauren I feel your photography has really distinctive quality which is a good thing.
Awww Rebecca that’s so kind, thank you so much!