Get into the festive spirit with these Rice Krispie Christmas Trees! A perfect cozy activity, these easy-to-make treats are customizable with your favorite decorations, bringing joy and creativity to your holiday celebrations.
Christmas is a time we should all enjoy together, making memories and having fun.
Today I’m bringing you a tutorial for these super easy and fun Rice Krispie Cone Christmas Trees!
I first made these when I was a kid, and I remember how much joy I got out of creating something so cute, so I knew I wanted to do a little video for you all!
Why not have a cozy afternoon with a hot chocolate and some Christmas music on while you make these?
I chose to decorate my little trees with some sugar stars I found at my local grocery store, but you could go nuts with any kind of decorations.
Equip yourself with a squeezy tube of icing (this is not a make-your-own kind of recipe!), get some bowls full of candies, and have fun!
As you can see from the video above, the dusting of icing sugar at the end transforms the trees into a snowy winter wonderland.
It reminds me of what the Black Forest in Germany looks like in the winter!
Important Note on Food Coloring: Don’t be tempted to substitute common water-based food coloring! It will cause the chocolate to seize and render it useless. Instead, use an oil-based or gel food coloring, like this one.
Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
- 7 oz white chocolate
- 6 ½ cups rice krispies
- food coloring oil based or powdered; use according to package instructions. do not use water based food coloring
- Roll the parchment paper semi circles into cones by using the middle of the flat side to create the point. Fasten with sticky tape (full demonstration in the video above).
- Melt the white chocolate and add green gel food coloring until you have the color you desire. Add the Rice Krispies and mix until they are evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the cones, pressing down with the back of a spoon as you go to make sure it is as compacted as possible. Stand the filled cones point side down in a glass to hold them, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, peel off the parchment paper to reveal your beautiful Rice Krispie Christmas Tree! Decorate however you like. I used a squeezy tube of white icing to stick on some stars, but you can really use any kind of decoration you want, or leave them plain. It’s totally your creative project!