Have you ever pimped out your salad with some deliciously sweet, summer stone fruits? Well, if not, you’re missing out my friend.
The contrast of crunchy greens, creamy avocado, herby dill and sweet nectarines makes this salad a party in your mouth. No longer will you dread eating a salad for lunch.
I love adding a sprinkle of hemp seeds on top of my salads, one, for another dimension of texture, but also because they are so high in protein. While it’s perfectly easy to meet your daily protein needs on a vegan diet, hemp seeds are a great way to get a boost!
Nectarine Salad with Dill Vinaigerette
- 1 Nectarine
- 4 handfulls Salad Greens
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Salad Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chopped Dill
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Wash the salad greens and chop the avocado and cucumber. Mix everything together with the dressing and place into serving bowls.
- Chop the nectarines into thin slices and place on top of the salad. If you want to, sprinkle some hemp seeds on top for a healthy dose of plant based protein.
- Eat immediately