This Mediterranean quinoa salad is stuffed with fresh vegetables and a delicious balsamic and lemon dressing.
Like everyone, I look forward to summer all year round. Even though living in Northern Europe, summer can be a bit temperamental, I crave the evenings we can sit and enjoy dinner outside by the lake, with a warm breeze blowing. It doesn’t happen often so we have to savour those moments while they last.
I love to pack something like this quinoa salad to take with us, simple but delicious and full of goodness – just like the evening we’re enjoying :)
The beauty of recipes like this is you can just swap out the vegetables for anything you like. Don’t like tomatoes? No biggie, leave them out? Absolutely LOVE cucumber? Cool! Add some of that in! Go nuts.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup (170g) Quinoa (uncooked weight - any colour quinoa you like)
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1 can White Beans
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Fresh Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain and rinse.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop up the tomatoes, pepper and red onion into a fine dice, then mix with the quinoa. Also drain and rinse the beans and mix with the salad.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad, tossing so everything is coated.
- Top with avocado and some fresh greens
0 thoughts on “Mediterranean Quinoa Salad”
I love the addition of beans in mediterranean salads like this. YUM! The first time I had something similar with beans, I wasn’t sure what I would think, but now I never leave them out!! And 100% agree about the customization factor. Now if only I could get my family to agree on which vegetables to add, I would be doubly excited haha. Looks delicious, Lauren. I’m digging all the mediterranean flavors!
Thanks Maria! Hope you get to agree on some veggies everyone likes :D