A deliciously fresh halloumi and quinoa salad with all the colors of the rainbow! Herby and zesty, topped with avocado, mango, and halloumi cheese, this salad has everything!
I’m growing to love salad more and more as the years go on.
To be honest I’m not a huge lettuce fan, I mean I’ll eat it but I wouldn’t choose to put a bunch of leaves on the side of a meal unless they have some good flavor of their own.
But salads like this, I can get RIGHT on board with.
All the flavors of the herbs are blended together and mixed with the quinoa base and woken up with a spritz of fresh lime, by now you must know that lime is one of my favorite things ever!
This salad is adapted from one of my absolute favorite books, Jamie Oliver’s 15-minute meals.
I have to say though, I consider myself to be a cook of a fairly decent skill level, but I have NEVER been able to make one of his meals in 15 minutes.
However, the recipes are SO good, I’m willing to let that slide ;)
The original version of this salad uses grilled chicken as the main topping, so I’ve subbed halloumi cheese instead to make a vegetarian version.
I’ve made this salad so many times, friends, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Multi-Coloured Halloumi and Quinoa Salad
- 10.5 oz quinoa
- 1 red chili medium, deseeded and deveined,
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh coriander bunch
- 1 fresh mint bunch
- 3.5 oz spinach
- fresh lime juice squeeze
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tsp paprika smoked
- 1/2 mango ripe
- 1 avocado
- 9 oz halloumi cheese
- 1 cup cress
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- Cook the quinoa in a large pot of boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a food processor, blitz the herbs for the quinoa with the spinach, chilli and spring onions until everythign is finely chopped.
- Mix the mixture with the quinoa, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl and place on a large serving platter.
- Cut the peppers into strips and toss with the smoked paprika. Fry on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 1/4 inch thick slices and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Top the salad with the peppers, halloumi, chopped mango, avocado, cress and natural yogurt.