This simple and refreshing Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Feta recipe will be your go-to summer salad. It has a sweet, balanced bite, not to mention the juiciness of the grilled chicken.
Elevate your salad game with this delectable Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Feta!
The combination of bursting strawberries with juicy grilled chicken, arugula, and rich, salty feta makes this salad a top choice for the summertime. It is always a crowd-pleaser when I’m entertaining guests. It’s great as a main dish but also as a side. I’d leave out the chicken if the main dish is already protein packed.
This recipe is so easy to make and full of nutritious ingredients! You’ve got your strawberries and arugula, which are rich in antioxidants, and the grilled chicken that provides a high-quality source of protein, not to mention the feta cheese. Health and good habits in a single recipe. What more do you need?
Why You’ll Love the Grilled Chicken Salad
- Quick and Easy. With a simple marinade and a short cook time, just toss everything together and you’ve got yourself a hassle-free, satisfying meal.
- Versatile and Customizable. You can easily tailor this salad to your preferences by adding or substituting ingredients like nuts, avocado, or a variety of greens. The dressing can also be adjusted with different herbs or spices to suit your taste buds.
- Nutritious and Refreshing. Packed with protein from the grilled chicken and feta, vitamins and antioxidants from the strawberries and greens, this salad is a nutritious and refreshing option that will leave you feeling energized.
- Gluten and Nut Free. If you’re worried about triggering a nut or gluten allergy, this salad gives you peace of mind.
How To Make It
This recipe has just a few short steps. I bet that’s music to your ears! Other than grilling the chicken, you essentially just need to toss all the ingredients together, as a salad traditionally entails. Let’s go through each step:
- Chicken Breast. The main source of protein. For tender and juicy results, use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Arugula. This is what makes a salad a salad: the greens. Use some fresh, crisp arugula leaves.
- Balsamic Vinegar. No one likes a dry salad. Grab some balsamic vinegar to get that tangy contrast with the sweetness of strawberries and honey.
- Olive Oil. The holy grail of all your cooking needs. So versatile in its abilities. In this case, use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for a rich flavor.
- Strawberries. The burst of freshness this recipe needs. Be sure to pick out the ripest strawberries from your local store or, better yet, from your own garden!
- Make the marinade. Add the chicken breast and marinate.
- Grill the chicken. Season both sides and slice it once cooked.
- Combine the dressing ingredients. Whisk it.
- Assemble the salad. Toss it gently and top it with feta and chicken.
- The longer you marinate, the better. Be sure to let the chicken marinate for at least 10 minutes. If you’d like to have a bit more flavor, let it marinate longer.
- Make it Vegan. Try substituting the chicken for extra firm tofu or tempeh and leave out the feta (or buy vegan feta!). As for the honey, swap it out for some maple syrup, and you’re good to go!
Make-Ahead & Storage Recommendations:
Some salads can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge, though most cannot. If you plan on using this recipe for your meal prep, be sure to pack the dressing (and other wet ingredients) separately. Once you pour the dressing on the salad, be prepared to eat it all in one sitting because I guarantee you it will not age well unless you’re a fan of soggy salad. Rule of thumb: salads taste better when made fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should the chicken be hot or cold?
There are no rules when it comes to this! I prefer my chicken warm, but others may not like the wilting effect it can have on the greens. The choice is yours!
What other leafy greens can I use?
If arugula isn’t readily available, you can also use baby spinach, baby kale, or mixed greens!
Try These Other Chicken Recipes:
Grilled Chicken Salad With Strawberries and Feta
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar divided
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 6 ounce chicken breast halves skinless, boneless
- ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground, divided
- ½ cup strawberries quartered
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ small red onion very thinly sliced
- In a large bowl add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp honey and whisk until the marinade is combined. Add chicken breasts and coat until fully covered. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once heated, add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Once ready, let rest for 5 minutes then cut into slices.
- In a large bowl add remaining 1 tbsp oil, remaining 1 tbsp vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Add strawberries, arugula and onion to the salad. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle feta over salad and serve.