A Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad full of freshness and green goodness. The large fusilli pasta is tossed in fresh lemon juice and just a little olive oil to create this bright, vibrant salad, perfect for a cold lunch on a hot day!
I love pasta. I just always will be one of those people who loves pasta. But I’m not such a fan of really creamy pastas. Recently at one of my favourite restaurants, I ordered a porcini mushroom ravioli, with a creamy sauce. It was AMAZING, for about 3 bites, then the fullness sunk in and I ended up not being able to finish about half of it, which just made me sad.
This pasta isn’t like that, as the sauce is made only from lemon juice and olive oil. Now before you freak out thinking that it might be like sucking on a lemon, I promise you it isn’t! The little olive oil is enough to take the edge off the sourness from the lemon. We also cook the lemon with the pasta for a while, allowing the pasta to absorb some of the flavour from the lemon, which further softens it. What you’re left with is a beautiful, zingy and fresh pasta salad that couldn’t be easier to make!
You might also like my One Pot Mushroom, Kale and Garlic Spaghetti, another super easy, quick pasta recipe that’s warming, hearty and healthy!
This pasta salad is perfect to enjoy warm just after cooking, or for enjoying cold for lunch the next day. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge to always have something tasty on hand!
Lemon Arugula Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces fusilli pasta dry, commonly sold as a 1lb box
- 2 lemons juiced
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 cups arugula fresh leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions until it is al dente, usually 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta and put it back in the large pot you cooked it in.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper. Add the whole mixture to the pasta and heat over a low heat for 2 minutes until the pasta starts to absorb the lemon juice.
- Add the arugula and stir throughout the pasta until it just starts to wilt. Transfer everything to a large serving dish and add the halved cherry tomatoes. Either enjoy straight away warm, or refrigerate for up to 5 days in an airtight container and enjoy cold as a pasta salad!