Homemade Vegan Falafel Wraps with the best, most fresh salsa ever! Just a few fresh ingredients go into this recipe, making it healthy, light and delicious!
During the summer, making falafel at home became one of my favourite staples. It’s high in protein from the beans, and the large amount of herbs add lots of great nutrients and flavour. It’s a quick and easy thing to make at home, because you just blitz all of the ingredients in a food processor then roll it into balls and fry, but it’s SO much better than any shop bought versions.
Related: Baked Sweet Potato Falafel (oil free)
I love pairing falafel with all sorts of things, but this salsa might be hands down my favourite. Ever since a good friend showed me how to make it like this last summer, I’ve been obsessed, and I’ll never buy it from the store again. The heat from the jalapeño is just right, but if you want it less spicy you can remove the seeds, and if you want it more spicy, add another jalapeño!
Finish off your wraps with a generous drizzle of salsa, some roasted peppers, fresh herbs and a drizzle of yoghurt.
Falafel Wraps with The Best Salsa Ever
- 1 can (400g/14oz) chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Chopped Coriander (cilantro)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1.5 tbsp Tahini
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- salt and pepper (for seasoning)
- 1 can (400g/14oz) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 clove Garlic
- 10 stalks Fresh Coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- wholewheat wraps
- Roasted Peppers
- Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- Spring Onion
- Soy/Coconut Yoghurt
- Place all the ingredients for the falafel (except for the flour) into a food processor, and blitz until you have a chunky mixture. You don’t want it quite as thin as hummus, so pulse it and keep scraping down the sides. Transfer to a bowl and add the flour and mix.
- Roll each falafel into 2 tbsp sized balls and flatten slightly. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To make the salsa, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. It’s seriously easy, but packed with flavour! Taste and adjust the seasoning if you like.
- Toast the wraps lightly and pile up with falafel, salsa and any other toppings you like, I added some suggestions above, but you can add whatever you want to make your wrap your own!
0 thoughts on “Falafel Wraps with The Best Salsa Ever”
This is my favorite kind of food. Mediterranean mixed with Latin. Amazing recipe, Lauren!
Thanks Nisha! I love this salsa recipe so much!
I have never heard of falafel with salsa!! That sounds so good!! Especially with all of that coriander! This summer, I would expect this one to become a go-to around here:)
It’s such a great combination!! And one of my favourite salsa recipes ever!