While I don’t participate in Weekend Herb Blogging every week, I find that hosting the event is always a treat because of all the interesting ingredients and recipes I learn about from around the world. Without further ado, here is this week’s lovely round-up (with entries in no particular order).
1. Joanne from Eats Well with Others in NYC sent in this fabulous Roasted Leg of Lamb with Tzatziki and Pomegranate Tabouli.
I don’t usually like lamb but this dish might make me change my ways.
2. Claudia, who blogs at Honey From Rock in Hawaii, made something I’ve enjoyed at my favorite local Greek restaurant but have never made at home: Skordalia.
She put it on top of salmon and served it with Greek Salad in what must be a super flavorful dish.
Wish I could have a spoonful of that yumminess right now.
4. Janet from The Taste Space in Toronto created a Tagine of Lima Beans, Cherry Tomatoes and Black Olives.
This dish sounds and looks amazing!
Shu Han- this meal looks delicious!
6. Brii lives in Italy and blogs at BriiBlog in English.
She kindly submitted these simple and stunning Potato Cakes, which look like perfect comfort food.
Both the shells and the filling employ black sesame seeds: I would love to give these a try.
I love how she calls the drink a “marriage of Sweden and Australia”, just like Anna and her husband…lovely.
This sounds like a terrific combination to me.
I love her suggestion for blending them into a dairy-free pistachio milk.
…don’t they look and sound incredibly tasty?
They are a savory dish served in Asia…made with coconut milk…swoon!
13. And finally, my personal submission to this event was Fresh carrot juice embellished with red apple, fresh ginger, and Meyer lemon…
…a nourishing drink for trying times.