1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil, and sprinkle almond flour on the bottom of the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, ground cardamom, baking powder, and salt. Add the orange zest and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, eggs and coconut oil. Whisk well to combine. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk again to combine.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I suggest you start checking after 25 minutes: you do not want to overbake it.
5.Cool the cake for 15 minutes and then remove the sides of the pan. Place the cake (it will still be attached to the bottom of the springform) on a large plate and gently prick the cake all over with a fork. Whisk the syrup ingredients together, and then drizzle the syrup all over the cake. The syrup will seep into all those fork holes (and some will probably run out onto your plate, too- don't worry about it).
6. Allow the cake to cool for another 30 minutes or so and then mix the glaze ingredients together. If the coconut oil is very hard (due to a cooler room temperature), you may want to warm it up a bit. Using a offset spatula (or a spoon), cover the top of the cake with the glaze: expect it to "disappear" into the cake leaving the zest behind.