Recipe for Blood Orange Salad with Kale and Avocado
use organic ingredients whenever possible
- *1 bunch of Lacinato aka "Dinosaur" or "Tuscan" kale
- *extra virgin olive oil
- *2 blood oranges supremed
- *1/2 perfectly ripe avocado sliced
- *1/4 cup minced cilantro
- *1 handful of raw pine nuts
- *aged balsamic vinegar
1. Rinse and dry the kale. Remove any tough stems.
2. Chop or tear the leaves into bite-size pieces (or shred the kale with a knife or food processor). Drizzle some olive oil over the kale and mix well, "massaging" the greens with very clean hands.
3. Allow the kale to marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before adding the orange segments, sliced avocado, cilantro, and pine nuts. Mix well.
4. Add a little more olive oil and drizzle of of aged balsamic vinegar before serving.