1. Soak black wild rice for 30 minutes or up to a day. Cook rice in 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of water in a rice cooker (I hit the "brown rice" setting on mine) or in a saucepan for approx. 60 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, heat butter and add sliced shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally until translucent. Add garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin and cook for 30 more seconds until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir into cooked rice while the rice is still hot so the flavors marry. Set aside.
3. Mix yogurt sauce by whisking together yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, agave or honey, olive oil and salt. As needed, stir in a tablespoon of water to thin it out.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat a bit of olive oil and add asparagus, broccolini, edamame (you can add it frozen or thawed), and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender, but still vibrant green.
5. Plate rice and vegetables. Top with yogurt sauce, chives, mint, a squeeze of lemon juice, and serve.