1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the almond and coconut flours in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the baking powder, the salt, and the sugar and whisk again.
3. Add the pumpkin, the coconut oil, and the dates or raisins to the flour mixture. Combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon (or your clean hands) until a ”shaggy” dough forms. If the dough seems too wet, you can add a bit more almond or coconut flour.
4. Turn the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silicone baking pan liner) and flatten it into a thick circle. Cut the dough into eight equal triangle-shaped pieces, and then sprinkle the top of the scones with the additional organic sugar (press the sugar down a little so it adheres to the scones).
5. Move the pieces apart a bit so the scones are separated from each other by an inch or two, then bake until they are starting to brown on top. Start checking at 15 minutes, but these should take 18-20 minutes to bake. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.