Eliminate the fear and panic that comes with finding out you have some vegans coming to your party with this super easy vegetable pate recipe. It would make the perfect appetizer for a dinner party (or a finger food party) and I promise that vegans and non vegans alike will LOVE it!
I know what it’s like when you find out you have someone with special dietary requirements coming to your party. I see the panic in my friends faces when I tell them I’M vegan haha!
This pate is a delicious, rich spreadable bowl of goodness, full of mediterranean flavours. Serve a big bowl of this with some crusty bread at your party this year and I promise everyone will dig in!
Vegetable Pate Everyone will Love!
Eliminate the fear and panic that comes with finding out you have some vegans coming to your party with this super easy vegetable pate recipe featuring carrots and eggplant.
Servings: 10 portions
- 1 Carrots
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 12 Sundried Tomatoes soaked for 10 minutes in just boiled water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Chop the carrot, eggplant and red bell pepper into 1 inch chunks and lay out on a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the head of garlic on it’s side and slice a small amount off the top so just the tips of the cloves are exposed, keep the end where all the cloves attach intact. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap in a tin foil package.
- Bake the vegetables and the garlic for 30 minutes, until soft. Allow to cool.
- Add the vegetables and garlic to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You might need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve with fresh, crusty bread or crackers.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1072IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
0 thoughts on “Vegetable Pate Everyone Will Love!”
Hi Tracey, you can definitely freeze it!
Can you freeze this?
I can’t wait to try this! Do you peel the eggplant?
Hi Elizabeth! No I don’t bother, it’s lovely after it’s been roasted anyway and as it gets blended anyway there’s no need for the extra effort, really! Hope you enjoy it!
Wowza! I could easily eat this pate straight outta jar! ;) delicious, and I LOVE the idea of your ‘advent calendar’ Lauren!!! Excited to see what’s coming up next! :) x
Thanks Anna!! So glad you like the Pate. I may have eaten it out of the jar…
Okay, now this looks awesome, Lauren! What a fantastic mixture of ingredients and I love the smoky sun dried tomatoes! Yum!
Thanks Rebecca! Yes sun dried tomatoes are the best!!