Eliminate the fear and panic that comes with finding out you have some vegans coming to your party with this super easy vegetable pate recipe. It would make the perfect appetizer for a dinner party (or a finger food party) and I promise that vegans and non vegans alike will LOVE it!
I know what it’s like when you find out you have someone with special dietary requirements coming to your party. I see the panic in my friends faces when I tell them I’M vegan haha!
This pate is a delicious, rich spreadable bowl of goodness, full of mediterranean flavours. Serve a big bowl of this with some crusty bread at your party this year and I promise everyone will dig in!
Vegetable Pate Everyone will Love!
- 1 Carrots
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 12 Sundried Tomatoes soaked for 10 minutes in just boiled water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Chop the carrot, eggplant and red bell pepper into 1 inch chunks and lay out on a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the head of garlic on it’s side and slice a small amount off the top so just the tips of the cloves are exposed, keep the end where all the cloves attach intact. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap in a tin foil package.
- Bake the vegetables and the garlic for 30 minutes, until soft. Allow to cool.
- Add the vegetables and garlic to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You might need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor.