Well hello there vegan lemon raspberry loaf cake. This cake is deliciously moist and crumbly and full of beautiful citrus flavour! Totally vegan and totally delicious!
It’s Great British Bake Off week, so what better way to start than with a show stopper? This is actually my first dabble in proper vegan baking, and I have to say, so far I’m impressed. Despite being totally vegan, this cake still has all the lovely cake flavour and texture you would expect from a regular loaf cake, without the eggs or dairy.
The icing is made using powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice, which gives it a delicious sweet and sour flavour. It complements the sweetness of the cake beautifully!
I’ve used oat milk as a replacement for dairy milk, because it’s my favourite kind of plant milk, but you could try it with any kind of plant milk.
I really think we’re in the last few weeks of summer now, which means soon there won’t be any good berries around, or watermelon, sad times. So my next few recipes will probably be stuffed full with as much summer produce as possible. Once fall and winter get here, I know i’ll be just as excited about all the squash and spices, but for now, I’m enjoying all the fruit!
I really hope you love this vegan lemon raspberry loaf cake! I’m off to share it with some friends this evening by lake Zürich! What are your late summer plans?
Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 210 g All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 235 ml Oat Milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 150 g Icing Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Fresh raspberries and other berries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the vegetable oil, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and oat milk until evenly mixed. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together then add to the wet ingredients. Gently fold in until smooth.
- Grease and line a loaf tin and pour in the mixture into the tin. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If you find the top is browning too quickly, cover the loaf tin with tin foil. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling tray in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out the cake and allowing it to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar until smooth. spoon on top of the cake and let drizzle down the sides a little. Sprinkle on fresh berries and serve.
0 thoughts on “Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake”
Lauren, my husband has been trying to make your Raspberry loaf cake but has had some problems with it. Can you tell us if your oven temperature is for a fan oven or conventional one please? Also, do you mean us to use Bicarbonate of Soda rather than baking powder?
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/75ec26b912d31bccd29cc7e29d90f054f80854ce8966d95d714faf8e615e4bad.jpg Hi, I found your recipe on pinterest after being asked to provide a colourful vegan buffet for 12 people next month. I made the cake today and served it to my cafe customers who gave it a massive thumbs up! Beautifully full of lemon flavour and a very moist sponge. Thank you for sharing the recipe, I shall be making this regularly now.
This makes me SO happy to read!! Thank you for sharing your picture, it looks incredible. I’m so happy your customers liked it and I hope the vegan buffet goes well! It sounds amazing!
extremly tasty! made it with rice milk and cut the sugar to 120 gr and it was still very sweet. Thank a lot for the recipie!
I’m so glad you liked it!! Thanks for the comment!