This vegan cacao crunch granola is perfect for a quick on the go breakfast. It’s refined sugar free making it MUCH healthier than a store bought version! I always have a jar of this on hand!
Homemade granola is one of those recipes you can customise again and again to constantly have something fresh for breakfast! I’ve already shared this tropical granola and this toasted coconut granola – both of which start with the same base as this one.
Homemade granola is SO easy, it’s one thing that I absolutely refuse to buy from the shops now. The shop bought versions are always stuffed with unnecessary refined sugar, and the all natural ones are so expensive.. there’s just no need to buy it when it’s this quick and easy to make!
A batch of this cacao crunch granola will last a couple of months in a glass jar, so it’s a great time saver! Try a batch out this week, I promise you’ll fall in love with breakfast again!
Cacao Crunch Granola
- 1.5 cups (135g) Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup (110g) Whole Almonds roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup (15g) Puffed Quinoa (or puffed rice)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan on a low heat, add the maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Add the oats and almonds into a large bowl and pour the maple syrup and coconut oil mixture over. Stir so everything is evenly coated. Add the cacao powder and stir again.
- Lay the mixture flat on the baking tray and spread out so it’s all in one layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes to ensure an even cook. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once it is completely cool, add to a bowl and mix in the puffed quinoa. Store in a glass jar for up to 2 months.