I’ve been a fan of Alexia Foods for a very long time, so I am very pleased to partner with them on this post. They asked me to come up with a balanced weeknight-friendly meal to share with my readers. I decided to make one of my all-time favorite easy meals: a Tuna Melt with Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Alexia’s waffle-cut seasoned sweet potato fries are a great addition to any meal but I often serve them alongside sandwiches. The fries cook up crispy and have great flavor. I usually make tuna melts like this one for lunch, but it makes a wonderful protein-packed quick dinner, as well. Serve with a giant salad, if desired.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia. The opinions and text are all mine.
Recipe for Tuna Melt with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- *2 slices of regular or gluten-free bread I often use sourdough, but I used a brioche-style bread for the tuna melt in the photos
- *One 6-ounce can of wild-caught dolphin-safe tuna (I used albacore), drained
- *1.5 tablespoons homemade or store-bought mayonnaise of your choice I prefer olive oil mayo
- *2 tablespoons minced celery
- *2 tablespoons minced fresh red pepper
- *1 tablespoon minced red onion
- *freshly ground black pepper
- *squeeze of fresh lemon juice- optional
- *thinly sliced cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- *Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
For the tuna melts:
- Lightly toast the bread slices and set aside. In a small bowl, combine tuna through lemon juice (if using) and mix well. Taste and adjust mayonnaise and seasoning, if desired. Spoon tuna salad equally onto the slices of bread and top with the thinly sliced cheese. Return to the toaster and toast just until the cheese melts.
For the sweet potato fries:
- Cook according to the package directions.
- Serve the tuna melts with the cooked sweet potato fries.