Grilled Tofu Kebabs with Vegan Herb Yogurt Drizzle. Perfect for a quick dinner or snack! The different textures of the crispy tofu and the soft grilled vegetables come together perfectly with a herby, vegan yoghurt sauce.
I’m constantly surprised at the versatility of vegetables. You can cook them in so many different ways and make infinite meals and snacks.
The tofu is coated in a fragrant spice mix, which also crisps up when cooked on the griddle. Tofu is one of my favourite things to use in vegan cooking because it just soaks up ANY flavour you throw at it, making it one of the most versatile ingredients ever!
Then the finishing touch is the gorgeous, creamy, vegan green yoghurt sauce. Soy yoghurt is the best base for this, because of it’s similarity to natural yoghurt. It’s not too firm and it’s got a mild flavour which allows the herbs to stand out with the lemon juice.
If you’re looking for some more great tofu recipes, you’ll love these ones too!
Spiced Tofu Kebabs with Dairy-Free Green Yogurt Sauce
- 250 g Firm Tofu
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
Vegan Green Yoghurt Sauce
- 150 ml Soy Yoghurt
- 1 large bunch Fresh Coriander (cilantro)
- 5-6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon juice only
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Press the tofu between two sheets of kitchen paper weighted down to disperse any excess moisture. Then cut it into 1.5 inch cubes.
- Chop all the vegetables into large chunks.
- Mix together the dry spices and toss the tofu in so all the chunks are evenly coated.
- Assemble the kebabs, alternating between the tofu and all the veggies. 1. Assemble the kebabs onto sticks, alternating between the tofu and all the vegetables. Place all the kebabs onto a flat baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven, then flip the kebabs over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, finely chop the herbs and stir into the yoghurt with the lemon juice.