Enjoy the rich flavors of Roasted Garlic and Tomato Whole Wheat Pizza, a wholesome delight that perfectly blends American taste preferences. This pizza, crafted on a whole wheat crust, showcases the harmony of savory roasted garlic and juicy tomatoes, offering a satisfying twist to the classic American pizza experience.
I’m back again today with another video! I absolutely love making these videos for you, it’s something I want to start incorporating into this blog more and I have some ideas I’m very excited about.
I’m also building up the confidence to actually be IN the next video ( :O ) so watch out! Hehe.
Recently, I’ve been obsessed with Erin from Naturally Ella’s Spinach Ranch Pizza.
Her ranch pizza is AMAZING in every single way, and I’m pretty sure I could live on it.
I was inspired to use a similar pizza base to create a different recipe.
The base is actually the only thing in common with Erin’s recipe, as this one is topped with a deliciously rich roasted garlic white sauce and juicy roasted tomatoes.
It’s becoming my new favorite, seriously.
We are very lucky to have some AWESOME takeout places near us.
Like proper stone pizza oven-cooking ones that taste like they came straight out of Italy.
It’s dangerous. We’ve been so busy recently that takeout pizza has happened a few more times than I would like it to have.
As delicious as it is, I really don’t like the feeling of having eaten unhealthily for too long.
You may have noticed that I’m bringing more than just cakes to the table these days and I’m really enjoying it!
I want this blog to reflect my real-life cooking and something that you can all do at home on a daily basis.
I want to bring you recipes that you can love and make again and again, and sometimes that needs to be more than just cake.
So anyway… back to pizza.
Despite how good the takeaway pizza is, when you sink your teeth into a homemade pizza that’s just this good, you can’t help thinking that you should never order takeout again, just make this one!
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory due to the honey in the base, it really adds something special.
I hope you love this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to be the first to know about all my future videos and be sure to leave me a comment down below if you try it out!
Pizza dough recipe inspired by Naturally Ella
Roasted Garlic and Tomato Whole Wheat Pizza
- 1 saucepan
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pizza pan
- 1 blender
For the Pizza Dough
- 2 tsp. dried active yeast
- 1 cup water + 2 Tablespoons
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour strong white
- 1 1/8 cups whole wheat flour
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 cloves garlic
For the Toppings
- 1 mozzarella cheese ball
- arugula fresh
- cherry tomatoes
First, make the pizza dough
- Mix the water, honey and yeast together in a large bowl until fully dissolved. Add the flour and stir until the dough starts to come together. Use your hands to bring the dough together, then turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Roast the Tomatoes and Garlic
- Peel the garlic cloves and place them whole in a roasting dish with the tomatoes. Drizzle with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes at 392°F (200°C).
Make the Pizza Sauce
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the flour and stir. Cook this mixture on a medium heat for 1 minute. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring thoroughly between each addition. Once all the milk is added, return the saucepan to the heat and stir constantly until the sauce is simmering. Simmer for one minute then take the saucepan off the heat.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the roasting dish and blend them in a blender with the white sauce.
- Knead the pizza dough once more and leave to rise for a further 30 minutes. Afterwards, roll it out into a circle to fit on your tray, or until it is around 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the sauce on top of the dough, tear the mozzarella cheese, and scatter it evenly over the pizza base. You may have some sauce left over – this is good for dipping the pizza in! Bake the pizza for 20-25 minutes at 392°F (200°C).
- Top with fresh arugula, the roasted tomatoes, and serve immediately.