These delicious and easy two tone pesto bread twists will make any meal more interesting! Perfect for dipping in soup! Watch the video tutorial to see just how ridiculously easy it is to make these!
We all know how much I love things that are super easy, and whipping up a batch of these beautiful two tone pesto twists is just that, easy. They might look intricate, but don’t be fooled, it’s really a roll, slice, twist and go kind of situation!
If you want to make them EXTRA special, use your own homemade pesto, check out our 3 recipes for homemade pesto here!
The swirls of pesto go all the way through these rolls, meaning every mouthful is full of as much flavour as possible. I’ve made these twists two types of pesto, to maximise and compliment flavour, but you can use just one kind if you have a particular preference for one or the other!
If you liked this video, please do subscribe to our YouTube channel where we will be uploaded more and more recipe videos!
[cta id=”2723″ vid=”0″]
Two Tone Pesto Bread Twists
These delicious and easy two tone pesto bread twists will make any meal more interesting! Perfect for dipping in soup! Watch our video tutorial to see just how ridiculously easy it is to make these!
1 and 1/2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast,
1 and 1/8 cups (265 ml) Water,
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar,
1 and 1/2 Teaspoons Salt,
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil,
3 and 1/4 cups (390 g) All-purpose Flour (Plus more for dusting),
4 Tablespoons vegan Green Pesto,
4 Tablespoons vegan Red Pesto.
1. Mix the water and yeast in a bowl until the yeast has fully dissolved. Add the sugar and olive oil and mix again. Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a shaggy dough.
2. Lightly dust a flat surface with some flour and turn out the dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and silky. Place back in the bowl which has been coated in a little olive oil. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Read here for a great guide on how to get dough to rise every time).
3. Turn out the risen dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock out all the air. Divide the dough in 2 and roll out each piece into a 9×18 inch rectangle. Cover each half with the pesto (1 piece with red, 1 piece with green) then roll up the dough lengthways, as demonstrated in the video above.
4. Cut the dough lengthways and lay each piece so that the open side is facing up. Cross over 1 red piece and 1 green piece in the middle and twist keeping the cut pesto side facing up. Once twisted, cut each rope into 4 equal pieces, lay on a baking tray, cover with cling film and allow to rise for a further 30 minutes.
5. While the pieces are rising for the 2nd time, preheat the oven to 170°C for 15 minutes. Once 30 minutes has passed, remove the cling film and bake the breads for 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating.
Notes: The bread can be served immediately, or wrapped in tin foil and stored in a bread bin for up to 3 days. You can also wrap them in tin foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
0 thoughts on “Two Tone Pesto Twists”
These are all I want to eat for dinner! Looks so amazing!
Thanks for the comment Eden!! They are super yummy! Hope you enjoy them!
While I was watching this video, my 6 years old daughter was standing near by me and asked what is it, can’t you make it for me. She is actually a picky eater but I guess she would love this recipe. So probably I will make this next weekend. Thanks a lot. :)
Amazing!! I hope she really enjoys them! They are fun and delicious, perfect for making with kids :)