Vegan overnight oats with a sweet rhubarb compote – the perfect healthy, on the go breakfast!
Ever since I made this Vegan Bircher Muesli, I’m a bit obsessed with finding ways to jazz up my overnight oats. I couldn’t resist the piles of fresh, sweet rhubarb that have landed in our grocery stored recently, and knew it was the perfect recipe to use some.
Vegan overnight oats are one of my favourite quick, easy breakfast recipes because I can make a huge batch at the beginning of the week in about 15 minutes and have breakfast ready to go for the next 3-4 days! Knowing that there’s a healthy breakfast waiting for me every day, without having to actually spend any time in the morning preparing it get’s my day off to a good, more productive start.
Top with some extra nuts and fresh berries and you’re all set for one of the best vegan breakfasts ever!
Overnight Oats with Rhubarb Compote
- 1 cup (180g) Rolled Oats
- 1 Apple (grated)
- 1 cup (235ml) Plant Milk (I use oat milk but sub your favourite)
- 1 cup (235ml) Soy Yoghurt
- 4 tbsp Golden Sultanas
- 1 tbsp Walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 cups (200g) Rhubarb (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Combine all ingredients for the bircher muesli in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover in cling film and place in the fridge overnight. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To make the rhubarb compote, place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and broken down.
- Layer together with the oats and enjoy!
0 thoughts on “Overnight Oats with Rhubarb Compote”
tried this for breakfast and it is delicious ! i batch made the rhubarb compote – have you done that and if so how long did it keep in the fridge?!
I don’t think this reflects positively on me but if someone told me that they had laced rhubarb compote with lead or crack, I would probably pause and mentally debate. I LOVE all things rhubarb. Rhubarb compote is the absolute best kind of compote on the planet (in my humble opinion). I have never thought to pair it with oats! What a brilliant idea!
Haha this made me laugh so much Maria!!! I’m glad you’re as much of a rhubarb fan as me :D