Summer is the time to be outside enjoying lots of good company and good food. These three, easy vegan picnic recipes are quick to throw together, and perfect for enjoying on a blanket with friends.
These recipes all use simple, whole ingredients and don’t take much time/effort to make. The summer is a time where I’d much rather be outside than stuck in a kitchen! You can make all of these recipes ahead and store them in the fridge for a few days, ready to have on hand for those spontaneous evenings out.
3 Healthy Picnic Recipes
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch Ground Cumin
- pinch Sea Salt
- 3-4 tbsp Water
Artichoke Pesto Pasta Salad
- 300 g Dried Pasta (of your choise)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Vegan Pesto
- 1 cup Chopped Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 cup (115g) Bulgur Wheat
- 2 cups (500ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 cup Chopped Parsley
- 5 Mint Leaves
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- First make the Tabbouleh. Place the bulgur wheat into a heat proof bowl, and cover with the hot vegetable stock. Cover the bowl and leave to sit for 60 minutes, then drain through a sieve. Chop the parsley and mint finely, and mix with the bulgur wheat. Chop the tomatoes and spring onion and add them too. Finally add the lemon juice and olive oil and mix everything together. Taste and season with salt and pepper as you like.
- To make the hummus, bake the sweet potato for 45-60 minutes until completely cooked, then allow to cool. Peel off the skin and roughly chop it. Add all the ingredients except the water into a food processor and blend until smooth. Then, if the hummus is too thick, add the water gradually until you have a consistency you like.
- To make the pasta, cook according to the instructions, then drain, add the peso and chopped artichoke hearts.
0 thoughts on “3 Healthy Picnic Recipes”
I’m always looking for fun picnic recipes in the summer. Love how easy and colorful these are!