Jen Schall is a dear blogger friend, and soon she’ll be having a baby girl! I’m just thrilled for Jen and her husband Darron, and I’m excited to be participating in a virtual baby shower for them today.
I “brought” this Guacamole with Pistachios.
The first time Jen and I got together was in New York City a few years ago. We had planned an afternoon of walking around before joining a larger group for dinner. I must admit that I was a little nervous about meeting up because I didn’t know if we’d get along, but Jen put me right at ease from the very first moment I saw her smile. We talked the whole day away after that, and had a great time.
I’ve been lucky enough to see Jen (and her smile) twice since then at the 2nd and 3rd annual Big Summer Potlucks. Fingers crossed I get to see her there again next summer, and that she brings the baby :)
Bluebonnets & Brownies | Raspberry Lemon Fruit Dip
Sugarcrafter | Sweet Potato Cake with Honey Buttercream
My Baking Addiction | Mini Pumpkin Pies
Simple Bites | English Eccles Cakes
Stetted | Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onion Dip
Food for my Family | Homemade Pear Italian Sodas with Cardamom Cream
eat. live. travel. write. | Goat Cheese and Tomato Tartlettes
Gimme Some Oven | Creamy Caramel Apple Dippers
Dessert For Two | Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
Bake at 350 | Soft Sugar Cookies for a Baby Shower
A Thought For Food | Fingerling Potato Salad
TidyMom | Apple Pomegranate Spritzers
i am baker | Advice to a New Mommy
Tracey’s Culinary Adventures | Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Spread
What Megan’s Making | Apple Spice Muffins
Cookin’ Canuck | Gorgonzola Cheese Cups with Pear & Hazelnut Salad
Bellalimento | Frozen Berry Shortcake
Shugary Sweets | Caramel Apple Truffles
GoodLife Eats | Coconut Lemon Banana Bread
Recipe for Guacamole with Pistachios
- *2 ripe avocadoes
- *2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- *2 tablespoons minced red onion
- *2 tablespoons minced cilantro or less/more to taste
- *1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- *1 jalapeño chile minced, plus 1-2 minced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- *1/4 cup toasted pistachios whole or roughly chopped (I left mine whole)
- *pinch of coarse sea salt or to taste
- 1. Slice avocados lengthwise and remove the pits.
- 2. Scrape flesh of one avocado into a bowl.
- 3. Mash the avocado with lime juice, red onion, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno(s).
- 4. Dice the other avocado and mix it into the guacamole, then mix in most of the pistachios. Sprinkle with the salt, mix and taste, then adjust seasonings, if necessary. Garnish with the rest of the pistachios. Serve with all natural tortilla chips, or with vegetables for dipping.