Simple grilled spring greens with homemade lemon parsley butter make the perfect side dish as we start to welcome some sunshine to the year!
What I love about spring and summer in terms of food is the wide availability of so much fresh produce that can be cooked quickly.
Green vegetables only need a matter of minutes on a grill and they are ready to be eaten. Paired with my homemade lemon parsley butter, it’s a perfect match!
So for me, keeping it simple works nicely, and grilled spring greens are a great start to the warm weather!
How to Make Grilled Spring Greens
- Fresh Lemon. Adds a vibrant flavor.
- Fresh Parsley. Fresh herbs always elevate any vegetable dish.
- Fresh Green Beans. Adds a nice crunchiness.
- Spring Onions. Adds great flavor and sweetness when grilled.
- Sugar Snap Peas. Adds more texture and fresh flavor to this dish.
- Asparagus. Gives this dish a beautiful spring taste.
- Leeks. Has a light onion flavor that is perfect when grilled.
- Fresh Artichokes. Takes this dish to the next level.
1. Make the Parsley Butter. Melt the butter and mix with the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Allow to cool slightly, then taste and season as necessary.
2. Prepare the Artichokes. Trim the artichokes, slice them in half, and steam them until tender.
3. Grill the Vegetables. Heat your grill. Add the vegetables to a grill pan and grill the vegetables until desired tenderness. Toss the grilled vegetables with the butter while still warm.
Store these grilled vegetables in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat the vegetables either on your grill or place them on a baking sheet and roast them in your oven until heated through.
- Hot Smoked Salmon – A fillet of salmon smoked to perfection that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
- Seared Wild Salmon – Seared salmon with jalapeño pepper, zucchini, and corn.
Grilled Spring Greens with Homemade Lemon Parsley Butter
- 1 Pot large
- 1 Grilling pan
Lemon Parsley Butter
- 2 tbsp. butter
- lemon juice half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Green Vegetables for Grilling
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 2 stalks spring onions
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 6 spears asparagus
- 1 leek cleaned, and cut in half
- 2 artichokes
Prepare the Butter
- To make the lemon parsley butter, melt the butter and mix with the lemon juice and chopped parsley. Allow to cool slightly, then taste and season as necessary.
Prepare the Artichokes
- Fill a large pot with an inch of water and add a steamer to the pot.
- Use scissors to cut any pointy edges on the artichoke leaves.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the outer layer of the artichoke stems. Cut off the top 1/2 inch of the artichokes.
- Slice the artichokes in half and scoop out the fuzzy part called the choke and inner leaves.
- Heat the pot of water on high heat until it reaches a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-high and place the artichoke halves in the steamer.
- Cover the pot and steam for 20 minutes or until you can easily pull off the outer leaves, and you can pierce the heart effortlessly with a knife.
Grilling the Vegetables
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, 350°F to 450°F.
- Place the vegetables in a grilling pan and grill for 5-10 minutes, turning once until desired tenderness.
- Toss the grilled vegetables with the parsley butter while still warm. Serve immediately.