Enjoy a Spicy Tofu Salad with Zesty Lime Dressing – a fusion of crispy tofu coated in aromatic spices, served on fresh greens, and drizzled with a tangy chili-lime dressing. A delightful and wholesome culinary delight for American taste buds.
Today I’m here with a healthy recipe for dry rub tofu salad. It’s zingy, spicy, and perfect for getting your New Year off to a good start! There’s no lack of flavor around here, read on for the recipe!
As a vegetarian, getting enough protein is super important. It isn’t difficult if you eat a wide variety of foods and it’s not necessary to eat meat to get enough.
Tofu is a GREAT source of protein, it’s extremely healthy, and although slightly bland on its own, it’s an ingredient I like to think of as a “blank canvas”.
It will absorb and welcome any flavour you add to it which makes it the perfect base for a dry rub mix.
Using high quality spices helps turn this dish into something really special.
When you add the spice mix to the tofu, the longer you let it sit before you cook it, the more intense the flavor will be.
I recommend you let it sit for a minimum of 15 minutes, but if you could leave it for an hour or more, that would be even better!
The dressing doubles as a dipping sauce which is a fun way to eat the tofu.
Soy sauce, maple syrup, and lime with just a little chili come together perfectly in a sauce that perfectly compliments the crispy, spicy tofu.
Top with crushed peanuts, fresh coriander, and more chili and you have heaven in a bowl!
Spicy Tofu Salad
- ¼ tsp coriander ground
- ¼ tsp cumin ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili flakes crushed
- ¼ tsp cardomom ground
- pinch cumin ground
- pinch sea salt
Salad and Dressing
- 7 oz tofu cut into ½ inch thick slice
- mixed salad leaves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- lime juice
- ½ red chili small, chopped
- fresh coriander chopped
- peanuts crushed
- sesame seeds
- Dry the tofu thoroughly with kitchen paper and cut into rectangles no more than 1/2 inch thick. Coat in the spice mix and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes. The longer you can let it sit the better.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside to infuse until you are ready to eat the salad. The more chilli you add and the longer you let it infuse, the spicier it will be.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil in a frying pan and add the tofu, cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a bowl, add the tofu, top with more chopped chilli, fresh coriander, chopped spring onions and crushed peanuts. Add some dressing and keep more to the side as a dipping sauce for the tofu.
- Serve Immediately!