In today’s post, I’m going to be sharing my favourite pizza recipe for vegan ranch pizza. This wholewheat base is topped with the creamiest vegan ranch sauce and topped with lots of great vegetables for a fun alternative to the regular tomato base.
Before we went vegan, we used to make this pizza from Naturally Ella ALL the time. I knew I couldn’t live without it so we had to find a way to make it vegan friendly. After a few attempts… this amazing pizza is finally back in my life!
It makes a change from a regular tomato sauce to have this herby, zingy ranch sauce as the base. Top it with some red onion, spinach, artichokes and some vegan parmesan cheese (of course Minamalist Baker’s famous version!) and you have yourself a fantastic Friday night dinner!
Dairy-Free Ranch Pizza
- 2 cups (260g) Wholewheat Flour
- 7 g Active Dried Yeast
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Warm Water
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Chives finely chopped
- 1 large bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 handful Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Red Onion Sliced into strips
- 3-4 Artichoke Hearts Sliced into strips
Vegan Parmesan Cheese*
- 3/4 cup (95g) Cashew Nuts
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- Make the Pizza base first. Mix together the water, yeast and maple syrup and leave for 5-10 minutes until it becomes bubbly. Add the flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together. You may need to add a little more or less flour depending on the humidity of your kitchen. The dough shouldn’t be too sticky and should come together in one dough.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it is silky smooth, then place into a greased bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise for 60-90 minutes until doubled in size.
- While the dough is rising, make the ranch sauce by finely chopping the herbs, mincing the garlic clove and mixing everything together with the soy yoghurt and lemon juice. Taste and season as you like.
- To make the parmesan, place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until it resembles grated parmesan. You probably won’t use all of this on top of the pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Once the dough has doubled in size, roll it out into a large circle so the dough is roughly 1/4 inch thick. Spread over a thin layer of ranch sauce (keep the rest for dipping!) and top with the sliced red onion, artichokes and spinach, and sprinkle with some of the parmesan.
- Bake on a piece of parchment paper placed directly on the oven shelf for 15 minutes or until the base is golden and crisps.
- Use the leftover ranch sauce.
0 thoughts on “Dairy-Free Ranch Pizza”
Thanks so much for the comment Zoe! I hope you enjoy it! It’s always nice to have a few alternatives to nuts when it comes to vegan cooking :)