Dairy-Free Chai Tea Lattes. Refined sugar free, vegan, and ready in under 15 minutes! These tasty drinks are perfect for a crisp fall evening (or morning!)
Fall has literally hit us like a ton of bricks this year. I was ready for the end of summer (reluctantly) but this was literally like going to bed one summer night and waking up to fall. The air has really changed and got that cool crispness to it now.
I’m so glad I actually FEEL like drinking hot drinks now, and it gave me an excuse to FINALLY make these vegan chai tea lattes. Call it cliché, I don’t really care haha! This is my second year blogging, and last year I didn’t really do anything fall/Christmas themed, and this year I’m totally ready for ALL those things. So be prepared for a few more pumpkin recipes – I promise they will be good ones!
Masala Chai (literally meaning chai tea) is a traditional and popular blend of warm spices, mixed with milky tea. It’s easily made vegan by simply replacing regular dairy milk with your favorite plant milk. Or if you don’t mind some dairy, here’s one of the best chai tea recipes I’ve found.
My favorite plant milk is oat milk. It’s arguably the healthiest and the most sustainable of all the plant milks, and I find it doesn’t curdle in hot drinks, making it perfect for this recipe! Of course you can use any kind you like, oat milk is just my choice.
Related: A complete guide to Non Dairy Milks
Dairy-Free Chai Tea Lattes
Chai Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground Cardomom
- 1.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp All Spice
- pinch of Nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp Chai Spice Mix
- 2 Black Tea Bags
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Oat Milk can be replaced with any plant milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or other natural sweetener
- Coconut Whip Cream optional
- Heat the water in a medium sized saucepan with 1-2 tablespoons of the chai spice mix*. Bring to a boil. once boiling, turn off the heat and let the mixture steep for 5 minutes. Add the teabags and maple syrup and return the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, again turn off the heat and allow to steep for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the teabags and pour the mixture evenly into two cups through a seive to remove any excess spices.
- Heat up your oat milk and pour into the mugs to mix with the tea. Add some coconut whip on top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
0 thoughts on “Dairy-Free Chai Tea Lattes”
This looks delicious Lauren, I can’t wait to try them! Do keep taking it easy ?