This delicious creamy vegan pasta sauce is made using cauliflower as a base. It’s light, full of flavour and absolutely perfect for a lightened up pasta sauce!
Pasta sauces are too often heavy, stodgy and too rich. By swapping out cauliflower as the main ingredient you get a sauce that is just as creamy and delicious, with none of the stodginess and about half the calories! It’s when simple ingredients are combined in a more creative way that special things happen. Plus, I just LOVE cauliflower, remember these roasted cauliflower tacos? *hearteyes*.
Vegetables and fruits are the most amazing foods on this planet, they are nature’s prepackaged goodness, ready for you to enjoy in a million different ways. The diversity of flavours and textures in this food group is absolutely incredible. You can recreate any dish you can think of using plant based foods. Additionally, by using cauliflower as the base for this creamy vegan pasta sauce, you also get the benefit of all the nutrients the cauliflower has to offer, without all the nasties the regular dairy version has.
Are you enjoying these videos? I’d love to know if they help you see how the recipe is made better! Make sure you don’t miss any of my videos by subscribing to by YouTube channel, just click here if you’d like to!
Creamy Dairy-Free Pasta Sauce
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam for 15-20 minutes until soft. Steam the stalk as well as this works just as well in the sauce.
- While that is steaming, roughly dice the onion and saute for a couple of minutes until soft. Mince the garlic clove and add this to the pan with the onion and continue to cook for another couple of minutes. Put aside until the cauliflower is ready.
- Add the cauliflower, onion and garlic mixture, onion powder, vegetable stock and salt and pepper to a blender, and blend on high for a couple of minutes until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you want to.
- Cook the pasta and saute the cherry tomates in a pan. Add the cooked pasta, sauce and spinach to the cherry tomatoes and cook until the spinach is wilted and everything is warm through.