A 10-minute creamy vegan bean and eggplant casserole, perfect to have on hand when you want a quick, easy dinner! Give this flavor-packed dish a try one night this week for a great hearty, healthy and completely vegan meal!
This casserole might have a little more than 5 ingredients, but it only takes 10 minutes, it’s completely vegan and it’s packed with protein.
We’ve been eating this during the week since I made it, and so far we’ve had it with brown rice, mashed potatoes and roast potatoes. All were amazing! I think a favourite so far is little potatoes cut into quarters and baked, very similarly to how they are prepared in this lightened up patatas bravas
Did you have a nice Easter break? I’m currently in a little hotel in Germany, enjoying a few days away. It’s the first proper little break we’ve had since Christmas, and even then we were busy building the new Lauren Caris Cooks site, so excuse me while I’m sleeping, watching movies and drinking Champagne! I’ve still got posts scheduled this week but I might be a little slow replying to comments. Things will be back to normal next week!
Creamy Bean and Eggplant Casserole
- 1 Eggplant
- 15 oz Cannelini Beans typically one can
- 15 oz Chickpeas typically one can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 28 oz Tomatoes diced, typically one large can or two regular cans
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chop the eggplant into cubes about 1/4 inch in diameter. Sauté in a large frying pan over a medium heat with a little olive oil for a few minutes until it starts to turn golden brown. Add the beans and the spices and mix so everything is evenly coated.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and tahini, stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes until everything is completely heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice or baked potatoes and top with some freshly chopped parsley.