Ramen noodles have got to go down in history as one of the best, comforting meals ever. There’s something about a huge bowl of warm, flavour packed noodles that just ALWAYS floats my boat.
These ones are topped with some delicious marinated mushrooms. Mushrooms are a great vegan option to add a bit of “meat” to a dish, because they are so hearty and absorbent, they will take on the flavour of whatever you add to them. In this case, they are coated in soy sauce, ginger, a little curry powder, some chilli sauce and a dash of maple syrup. The result once grilled is a mushroom that packs flavour right to the core.
The coconut curry ramen soup is so simple, just a few ingredients gently simmered together and served over your favourite kind of noodles!
Coconut Curry Ramen Noodles with Marinated Mushrooms
- 500 g Mixed Mushrooms (of your choice)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Sauce (Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
Coconut Curry Soup
- 6 cups (1.4 litres) Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) Red Curry Paste
- 1 14 oz (400g) tin Coconut Milk
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 (200g) block Tofu
- Fresh Coriander
- Spring Onions
- Sesame Seeds
- Chop the mushrooms in half and place into a large bowl with all the ingredients for the marinade. Stir so everything is coated, then cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour, or up to overnight. Remove from the fridge once marinated and set aside as you prepare the rest of the curry.
- Finely dice the red onion and heat 1 tbsp oil in the bottom of a large stockpot. Fry the onion for 2-3 minutes on a medium/high heat until it starts to soften. Then add the curry paste and stir to coat the onion. Fry for another minute to release some of the flavour.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring everything to a gentle simmer.
- Drain the mushrooms from the marinade, and grill them on a griddle pan on a medium/high heat until they are cooked through. Slice the tofu into slices and grill this too until the outside is crispy.
- Cook the noodles (variety of your choice, I used rice noodles) and place in the bottom of your serving bowls. Divide the soup between four then top with some mushrooms and tofu. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds, some fresh coriander and some sliced spring onions.
0 thoughts on “Coconut Curry Ramen Noodles with Marinated Mushrooms”
The serving amounts only change if you use cups or oz, not litres and gram!
Hi Stacey, ahh that’s a shame! I would try eggplant/aubergine for a similar texture/flavour that will soak up the marinade! Just make sure you cook the eggplant thoroughly so you get that nice, soft melty texture :)
Hi there! This looks amazing. What would I be able to replace to tofu with if I can’t eat soy? xx
Hi Becky! Thanks so much! If you can’t eat tofu you could try replacing it with Seitan, or if you can’t find that maybe some beans? If not you can always just throw in whatever extra veggies you love!
Can i make it with yellow or green curry paste instead?
Hi Stephanie, absolutely! If you’re vegan, just check that your paste doesn’t have fish sauce in as a lot do. Other than that, any colour paste will work fine!
That’s great Sonja! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D