A quick, healthy breakfast. Cinnamon Rawnola layered with chia pudding and berry smoothie!
I’ve long been a fan of chia seeds (you can read all about my opinion on their health benefits here). They are packed with omega 3’s and in the form of a pudding, they make a tasty, substantial addition to your breakfast!
I definitely believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I notice the difference in myself when I do and don’t eat breakfast, and then even more so in what kind of breakfast I have. This rawnola with chia pudding is the perfect combination of healthy and delicious, two things which definitely aren’t exclusive.
You’ll want to prep the chia pudding the night before you want to eat it (or at least two hours before), but the prep is only mixing together the chia seeds and plant milk in a bowl then stirring it every so often. It’s a very lazy breakfast ;)
Cinnamon Rawnola with Chia Pudding Parfait
- 8-10 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup (45g) Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup (240ml) Plant Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar or other vegan sweetener
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup Frozen Berries
- 1 cup Plant Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar optional
- Make the chia pudding the night before you want to serve the parfait, or at least two hours before. Mix all the chia pudding ingredients together in a bowl then cover and refrigerate, stirring after an hour, then after two hours. After that, you can leave the pudding covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- To make the rawnola, pit the dates. If they are a little dry, soak them in some just boiled water for 15 minutes, then drain before adding to a blender with the cinnamon and oats. Blend until the mixture comes together in chunks.
- Blend the smoothie ingredients until smooth. Depending on how thick your smoothie is, you can add extra plant milk to thin it out a bit if you desire.
- Layer everything in a glass and enjoy!