Berry Layered Chia Pudding. Chia seeds transform into a delicious pudding-like texture when soaked in liquid. Take this superfood to the next level by layering it with delicious berry smoothie!
I think this recipe comes out of indecisiveness more than anything else, I’ve actually never tried chia pudding before, to be honest I was a bit sceptical. I mean, I like chia seeds, but the idea of tons of them soaked in plant milk just didn’t appeal. I guess I shouldn’t judge food before I’ve tried it!
Then there’s the toppings. We already know from my smoothie bowls how much I love throwing stuff on top of smoothies. I think since this craze took over Instagram, I haven’t been able to have a smoothie without some fancy toppings on it.
I’m excited to be trying out some new vegan dessert recipes that are a bit healthier. As you might know, my blog started off pretty much as a baking blog, and I quickly moved away from that as I didn’t want all that butter and sugar around all the time. Well, since going vegan (you can read my vegan story here), I haven’t really made many desserts. Except for the vegan chocolate ganache tarts that I posted last week, which are definitely not healthy.
So I’m enjoying exploring this new side of cooking. I have a few more recipes in the idea stage of my mind at the moment which I’m excited to work on in the next few weeks. What are some vegan recipes YOU would like to see? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you like this chia pudding, what else would you like to layer it with?
Berry Layered Chia Pudding
- 4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 cup (235 ml) Plant milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 - 1 cup Water
- Place all the ingredients for the Chia pudding in a bowl and stir to combine. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Stir it a couple of times during the waiting to make sure the seeds are evenly distributed.
- Blend everything for the berry layer together until completely smooth.
- Layer everything in a glass of your choice and enjoy!