Taste the tangy twist of this Blood Orange Gin and Tonic, a refreshing take on the classic cocktail. With the zing of blood oranges combined with gin, this harmonious sip is ideal for any occasion.
This drink has a subtle citrus taste that comes from the gin and the tonic water. Add in a slice of cucumber and lime cordial and you have a real winner. Whatever the time of year, this drink will transport you to a summer’s day.
The juice of the blood orange makes this cocktail just a little bitter and the most vibrant shade of pinky-red. Fresh blood orange is best in this recipe and blood oranges are available between December to April.
This drink is best served over ice and enjoyed with lots of friends!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to Prepare. This drink doesn’t require any prep. You just mix the ingredients and enjoy!
- Great for Parties. It’s a show-stopping drink that is great for serving a crowd.
- Twist on a Classic. A refreshing take on the classic cocktail.
How to Make a Blood Orange Gin and Tonic
This tasty gin and tonic is easy to put together for a party.
- Gin. Use your favorite brand of gin.
- Tonic Water. Adds sweetness and tartness.
- Blood Orange. Freshly squeezed blood orange juice adds a tangy flavor to this drink.
- Lime. The zesty lime juice enhances the flavor of the blood orange.
1. Prep Your Glass. Fill your glasses with ice cubes.
2. Add the Gin. Pour the gin and the blood orange juice in first and top up with tonic water.
3. Add Garnishes. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a lime wedge.
Recipe Tips, Variations, and Substitutions
- Use fresh blood orange juice. Fresh is preferred but if that is not available you can substitute with store-bought blood orange juice.
If you are serving this drink to a crowd you can prep the ingredients ahead of time. Slice the lime widges and squeeze the blood orange juice.
Try These Other Drink Recipes
- Cranberry Gin Cocktail – This is a delightful mix of gin, cranberry juice, and a zesty hint of lemon that is perfect for the holidays.
- Grapefruit Ginger Spritzer – A tasty grapefruit and ginger spritzer that is fit for a crowd.
- Cranberry Mulled Wine – This mulled wine is a twist on the traditional Scandinavian mulled wine. It is a blend of cranberry juice, spices, and a touch of brandy.
- Homemade Pear Liqueur – A homemade pear liqueur that is infused with ripe pears, lemon zest, and vodka. It’s perfect for enhancing winter cocktails.
Blood Orange Gin and Tonic
- 2 oz. gin
- 4 oz. tonic water
- 1 blood orange freshly squeeze
- 1 lime
- ice cubes
- Fill your glasses with ice cubes.
- Add the gin and the blood orange juice first and top up with tonic water.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a lime wedge.
Images by Lauren Caris Short.