I’ve owned a Blendtec blender for at least 10 years and I use it as much or more than any other piece of equipment in my kitchen. It’s perfect for grinding, wet and dry chopping, kneading, and of course blending ingredients for smoothies, shakes, batters, soups, sauces, and dressings.
Blendtec recently gave me the chance to upgrade my blender to the newest model and at first I wasn’t going to do it because my old machine worked fine. But now that I have the newest Blendtec model with the “Twister Jar” designed specifically for blending thicker recipes, I am pretty thrilled because this Blendtec works like a dream.
I really only used my old Blendtec for smoothies, but I am having lots of fun experimenting with the new one. It’s great for making frozen desserts and nut butters. You can even use if for pizza and pasta dough.
For this Blendtec review post, I made two recipes. The first one is a Spiced Pear Smoothie I’ve been enjoying a great deal lately.
The second is a Homemade Peanut Butter that tastes better than store bought.
You can find both recipes below, and for more information about Blendtec, please check them out on social media!
Blendtec on Facebook
Blendtec on Instagram
Blendtec on Twitter
Blendtec on Youtube
Blendtec on Pinterest
Blendtec on Google+
And if you’re looking for a great deal on one of the Blendtec blenders, be sure to shop their website for refurbished models.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Blendtec.
Recipes for Spiced Pear Smoothie and Homemade Peanut Butter
Ingredients for the smoothie (makes 1 serving):
- *1 cup milk any kind- I use whole, raw milk but you may use the milk you prefer be it dairy or non dairy
- *1 large Bosc pear cored (choose a pear that is verging on overripe rather than underripe for the sweetest, tastiest smoothie)
- *1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- *1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- *protein powder optional-I like to add 1/2 scoop of Muscle Milk vanilla protein powder, which is the equivalent of approximately 13 grams of protein
- *ice cubes
Ingredients for the peanut butter (makes about 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter):
- *2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts, preferably organic
- *pinch of salt or to taste
- *1-2 teaspoons peanut oil or organic sustainable shortening: I used one made from coconut/palm oil (optional- for creamier peanut butter)
- *2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup or to taste (optional- for sweeter peanut butter)
Directions for the smoothie:
- Add milk, pear, cinnamon, vanilla, and optional protein powder to your blender. Blend until smooth. Add 3-4 ice cubes and blend again, until desired consistency is reached.
Directions for the peanut butter:
- 1. If using Blendtec Twister Jar: blend at speed 6 until desired consistency is reached, generally under 1 minute (turn lid counterclockwise during blending). Otherwise, run blender and stop as needed to scrape down unblended peanuts. It generally takes 5-6 minutes of blending/scraping/blending to reach a smooth peanut butter. Taste and adjust salt, blending again if necessary to reach desired consistency. Store in the refrigerator.