Satisfy your sweet tooth with 4-ingredient Nutella truffles! Easy to make, these decadent treats feature creamy Nutella and a delightful burst of hazelnut-chocolate flavor. Perfect for a quick, indulgent snack!
You are only 4 ingredients away from chocolatey, hazelnutty, smooth truffle bliss, you have GOT to make these. It’s literally a melt everything in a bowl, chill it in the fridge then roll it up the situation, and it’s delicious.
Not only are these truffles easy to make but they are perfect for taking as a snack or dessert to holiday parties. Everyone will love them. Plus, they make great holiday gifts too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to Prepare. These truffles are a breeze to prepare.
- Minimal Ingredients. Using only four ingredients you end up with a creamy, decadent truffle filling covered in toasted hazelnuts.
How to Make Nutella Truffles
These easy truffles are great for making over the holiday and giving as gifts. Let’s get started.
- Hazelnuts. Use salted or plain hazelnuts.
- Dark Chocolate. Helps keep these truffles from being too sweet.
- Nutella. Gives these truffles their signature flavor. Use your favorite brand.
- Heavy Cream. Is used to make the creamiest truffles.
1. Prepare the Hazelnuts. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and lightly toast them in a dry skillet.
2. Make the Truffle Filling. Place water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the truffle-filling ingredients to a heatproof bowl and place over the saucepan. Stir constantly until everything has just melted.
3. Refrigerate the Truffle Mixture. Immediately place the truffle mixture in the fridge to cool completely.
4. Create the Truffles. Take the cold truffle mixture and scoop out little balls. Roll them in your hands so they are round and then toss in chopped toasted hazelnuts.
Recipe Tips, Variations, and Substitutions
- Prefer peanuts? Use chopped salted peanuts instead of hazelnuts for that peanut flavor.
- Milk chocolate can be used instead of dark chocolate. If you prefer the flavor of milk chocolate you can use it in place of dark chocolate.
Store these truffles in an airtight container in your fridge for 2 weeks. Truffles can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Try These Other Homemade Treat Recipes
- Candied Orange Peel – This simple candy is made from orange peels and makes a lovely gift or snack.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Bark – A dairy-free and vegan chocolate bark you can customize with any of your favorite toppings.
- Homemade Crystallized Ginger – A candy made from slices of fresh ginger. They are great for snacking on or adding to recipes.
- Salted Blood Orange Toffees – These chewy toffees are flavored with zesty blood orange with a hint of sea salt for a unique and delightful treat.
4-Ingredient Nutella Truffles
- 1 skillet
- 1 bowl heatproof
- 1 saucepan
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts and lightly toast them in a dry skillet. Once they have turned a light golden brown color place them on a plate in a thin layer to cool.
- Place 1 inch of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the Nutella, dark chocolate, and heavy cream to a heatproof bowl and place over the saucepan. Important – make sure the bowl doesn’t actually touch the water, you just want the steam from the water to heat the bowl.
- Stir constantly until everything has just melted and come together into a silky mixture. Immediately place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to cool completely.
- Once the mixture is fully cooled, take it out of the fridge and use a teaspoon to scoop little balls out. Roll them in your hands so they are round and then toss in the chopped toasted hazelnuts.