I am a very strong proponent of living a healthy lifestyle for numerous reasons. Among them:
1. Healthy lifestyle habits help you feel and look your best.
2. Living a healthy lifestyle may help protect you from chronic health issues including obesity, heart disease and cancer.
3. A healthy lifestyle also benefits the environment.
Here are my top tips for a healthy lifestyle:
- Eat a whole foods nutrient-dense diet that is high in fruits and vegetables (with as much of it being local/organic as possible). Limit coffee and soda- drink lots of pure water and other healthy drinks instead. Limit alcohol and sugar.
- Incorporate healthy exercise habits into your life. Find what works for you, do it consistently, and you’ll reap the many benefits exercise has to offer.
- Take good care of your health (including your teeth). Avoid smoking and drink only in moderation. Learn about natural medicine so you can approach health issues in a holistic way.
- Use all natural healthy body care products, or make your own so you can avoid putting potentially toxic chemicals on your body.
- Take steps to ensure that you always get a good night’s sleep.
- Manage your stress. It is hard to have a truly healthy lifestyle if your life is very stressful. There are many effective ways to manage stress, from adequate rest and relaxation to meditation to sports/exercise to gardening to fun with family, friends and pets, etc. Find what works for you and make time for it on a regular basis.
- Live green. A truly healthy lifestyle enhances not just personal health, but the wellness of the planet as a whole!