The 6th Annual Menu for Hope begins today and runs through December 25th. Menu for Hope is a charity event started by the incomparablePim. For Menu for Hope 6, bloggers from around the world are working together to raise money for a World Food Program initiative called Purchase for Progress.
Menu for Hope works like this: every $10 you donate will buy you a ticket to bid on one of the items contributed by participating bloggers, and you can buy as many tickets as you like. The campaign ends on December 25, and the results will be announced on January 18.
A full list of available bid items will be compiled and available at Pim’s Blog soon. There are also regional lists hosted by Helen of My Tartelette, Shauna of Gluten Free Girl and the Chef, Tara of Seven Spoons, David of David Lebovitz, Ed of Tomato and Alder of Vinography.
The fundraising is managed by First Giving; all money passes through their hands. Again, tickets cost $10 each and each ticket gives you one chance on the bid item of your choice.
Here is my bid item:
UE11: Fleisher’s Grass Fed and Organic Meats Gift Certificate + a copy of Julie Powell’s new memoir Cleaving.
Josh and Jess Applestone of Fleisher’s Grass Fed and Organic Meats in Kingston, NY have generously donated a $25 gift certificate to their wonderful shop (they also deliver to Brooklyn and Manhattan). With the gift certificate, you also get a copy of Julie and Julia author Julie Powell’s new memoir Cleaving (which chronicles her meat apprenticeship at Fleisher’s). There are no shipping restrictions for this bid item.
I do hope you’ll bid on this, or on one of the other great items!
Now, here’s what you need to do:
1. Choose the bid item/items of your choice from the Menu for Hope main bid item list or from one of the regional lists.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 – 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle…good luck!